Friday 16 December 2016

With DJ Mlufire on the desks even a foetus can leap for joy!

(DJ Mlufire)
They say “save the best for last” so is the case of DJ Mlufire. An in-born musician, DJ, music producer and a lover of our community; Braamfontein.

Born, Mlungisi Ngubane, to a family of six, in Richards Bay; KwaZulu Natal- where music runs in their vein. His father who sings tenor to his sister who has a profound love for music and not forgetting an uncle from his mother's side that fiddles strings to tell stories to memories of young ones.

Our net catches up with Mlufire despite his tight schedules after over a year of trying to get him share his scintillating story of his journey into music disc jockey, music production and his tour around Africa and Europe show-casing his passion in the music world.

(Mlufire on a road trip)
Olagunju, Success Taiwo (OST) of Braamfontein Alive, spent quality time with the vibrant DJ in the presence of his friend and manager Aphiwe Sidumo to finally share his progressive success in music with the latest push of his single “UMUHILE YEZWA”;  a song that promotes and appreciates the beauty of a woman while being optimistic of the forthcoming year 2017 as a year full of greater things.

Below is our discussion; enjoy it:

Q. Can you introduce yourself?

A. I’m Mlungisi Ngubane. I’m originally from KZN-Richards Bay. At an
early stage at church, I started playing keys for our church choir.

Sooner after my high school, I relocated to Johannesburg to pursue a career in  Sound Engineering at Damelin Bramley-Allenby Campus.

Q. Is music a family thing or why is it that is what you do?

A. Both my dad and sister sing and I re-call that my dad sings tenor. An uncle from my mother’s side is a prolific gutarist.

Q. So what motivated you into DJ?

A. I grew up listening to the likes of Oskido, Fresh and DJ Sphectacular. Most importantly, DJ Sphectacular played a key role in my turning to a disc player as I was under his music mentorship.

Q. What’s the idea behind your stage name?

A. Actually the name was given to me by my then mentor- DJ Sphectacular and idea came from that Durban vibes and this prompted into commercial music, soulful house, mellow. The Durban vibes continues to metamorphose me into producing kwaito, gospel house and deep house.

Q. How many songs do you have under your belt now?

(OST and DJ Mlufire)
A. I have lots of songs because I produced almost every day. I have done tracks with the likes of late Mandoza, also with Big Nuz, Teddy Bears, DBN NYTS, Msawawa and with lots of upcoming artists like Emza. I can also mention Pastor Mbhobho and Sizwe Magwaza.

Q. What kind of music genre are you comfortable with?

A. I love House Music.

Q. Why?

A. I like seeing people happy whenever I play. Is the way I express myself. I was born to entertain and rock the crowd! When you come to a club and you find me playing; you will forget about your problems. My calling is to change people’s state of mind to happiness. I love house especially soul house.

Q. When it comes to DJ; who is your role-model?

A. Black Coffee, is my role-model. I bought all his music albums from days of “Shana”.

Q. International; in terms of collaboration?

A. John Legend.

Q. If you were to choose between Black Coffee and John Legend; who will you go for?

A. I will go with John Legend because he’s an artist I can produce.

Q. What should your fans expect?

A. I’m currently pushing my single (UMUHLE YEZWA) featuring my boi EMZA.

Q. Can you elaborate more on the song?

A. Yes, it’s about appreciating the beauty of a woman and you can rock it anywhere; during and after parties, braais and picnics. It's already making waves all over the clubs in South Africa.

Q. Looking at African music; are we at the right place?

A. We are doing good but we need to push more because we are not there yet! We need to do more collaborations within and outside our African zone.

We also need strong managerial structure in order to make this a possibility.

Q.  In Africa, who do you want to collaborate with?

A. Most definitely, Star boy-Wizkid, Thandiswa Mazwai, Bucie and finally Patoranking.

Q. Where do you see yourself in five years?

A. I see myself international working with big cats in the music business and industry. I also see myself signing artists in South Africa on my label as a producer. I also want to discover and promote talents most especially from rural areas. I would also own a gospel choir group.

Q. Can you tell us more about your gigs, shows, places that you have performed?

A. I’ve made South African music proud in Botswana and Dublin in Europe. Not forgetting the following stunts across South Africa:

2011: My first radio airplay (Oskido Show-I Believe) Metro FM

2012: YFM, Track “I just wanna love you.”

Ukhozi FM (Playlisted)

Alex FM and recently, Hillbrow Radio.

I have been on T.V. on SABC 1 music progammes. I also played during World Cup 2010 fan parks with Arthur Mofokate.

Q. Who’s your favourite female celebrity crush?

A. Pearl Modiadie; she’s beautiful and I love that body of hers.

Q. How can your fans, people, event organizers and fellow musicians reach you?

A. Facebook: Deejay Mlufire.
    
    Twitter: @deejay_mlufire

    Email:   djmlufire@gmail.com

    Cell:      +27 (0) 81 818 8502 / +27 (0) 74 907 2109.



Is an amazing 2016 for Mlufire and us at Braamfontein Alive can attest to it as we have on various occasions enjoyed the dance floor to the tunes of his music and we strongly believe that his star will continue to shine and he will continue producing greater sounds that can make a foetus leap for joy!


By OST.


No comments:

Post a Comment